Samson QEx Fitness Headset Microphone
The Samson QEx is a superb Fitness Headset Microphone, designed specifically for fitness instructors and active performers. The headset itself is adjustable, comfortable and lightweight as well as being water/sweat resistant. Not only that, it provides outstanding audio reproduction for some of the most popular wireless systems.
Can you tell me more about the headset itself?
The QEx headset should fit comfortably around your ears and head, and there is an adjustable/removable strap for a more secure fit if needed. The condenser microphone sits at the end of an adjustable stainless steel metal gooseneck, so it too can be adjusted as required, and it comes bundled with a windscreen for reducing wind noise.
The capsule is water/sweat resistant to prevent corrosion from the prolonged exposure to moisture that would be expected in a fitness environment. The pickup pattern is bidirectional to help reduce background noise, minimise feedback issues, and effectively reject audio not originating directly in front of the mic.
What connections does the QEx come with?
The Samson QEx comes with four detachable microphone cables that can be interchanged as required.
- Switchcraft TA4F Connector (Works with Shure systems)
- Hirose 4-Pin Connector (Works with Audio Technica Systems)
- 1/8″ (3.5mm) Jack Connector (Threaded Screw, works with Trantec or Sennheiser systems)
- Switchcraft TA3F Connector (Works with Samson AirLine ATX Series, Concert Series, and AKG systems)
Won’t carrying all these different cables be inconvenient? Not at all! The Samson QEx comes complete with its own carry case for transporting both your headset and all four cables, keeping it safe and protected when moving between classes.
- Max. SPL: 110dB
- Weight: 1.4oz (39.8g)
- Polar Pattern: Bidirectional
- Operating Voltage: 1.0–5V DC
- Frequency Response: 50Hz – 12kHz
- Accessories: Windscreen, carry case
- Sensitivity: -42dB 1 V/Pa ±4dB at 1kHz
- Microphone Element: Back electret condenser
- Additional Features: Sweat/water-resistant design, gold-plated connectors
- Adapters: 1/8″ (3.5mm), Hirose® 4-Pin,Switchcraft® TA3F, Switchcraft® TA4F